Monday, December 21, 2009

What's the Excuse This Time?

Every time there has been a plowable amount of snow in DC the city doesn't plow my street. This usually isn't a problem because it usually warms up after a snow storm and it all melts away on its own. This time there is so much that isn't going to work. I wonder what the excuse will be this time around for the lack of plowing.
The first time my street wasn't plowed my council member told me that the plow drivers said my street was too narrow for the plow. Well I wonder which genius in the city government bought plows that don't work on narrow streets?
A couple of years ago we had a decent storm and I was out clearing off my car. A plow came down my street with the plow up off the road and no abrasives being put down. It pissed me off so much I stopped the driver. I asked why he wasn't doing anything as far as snow removal and he said he can't plow because there are speed bumps on my street. I asked why he wasn't putting down salt or sand and he said the salt only works if it hits the pavement...???
Here we are 2 days after the storm and none of the streets in my hood have seen one plow. I wonder what Mayor Fenty's sorry ass excuse will be this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only debate posted topics and others opinions of those topics. Do not post petty comments about spelling, punctuation, or the way someone else expresses themselves. All CIVILIZED debate is welcome. By the way I already am aware that I am an idiot so no need to repeat it. Thanks