Saturday, December 26, 2009

Profiling

I know that profiling is not seen as a very PC or legal thing to do. I believe that is correct in many cases but I think we have to be smarter about when it is necessary.
If there were a breakout of terrorist attacks by skinny white men that wear glasses I would have no problem with the fact that the government would need to start watching people that look like me a little closer. I am sure it would get frustrating but what is the government supposed to do? Ignore the most obvious connection between people trying to do harm?
We have to stop making blanket statements. Don't assume all members of a group are up to no good but at the same time watch those most likely to cause trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only debate posted topics and others opinions of those topics. Do not post petty comments about spelling, punctuation, or the way someone else expresses themselves. All CIVILIZED debate is welcome. By the way I already am aware that I am an idiot so no need to repeat it. Thanks